There are various types of viruses that can cause cold which is a kind of infection. But it is true that there is no scientific cure for common cold. Most of the people suffering with common cold undoubtedly agree that home remedies are effective in treating and curing cold, sneezing, nose blockage and running nose.
Some of the most common symptoms of cold are:
- Running nose.
- Eye watering.
- Body pains.
- Head Ache.
- Sore throat.
Here are some natural home remedies that are known to be effective in treating common cold:
- Turmeric Powder
- Boil a half glass of milk and add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Allow the milk to cool down to room temperature and drink it.
- Drink twice a day especially before bed.
- Basil leaves
- Mint leaves
- Boil mint leaves and basil leaves in one glass of water for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down.
- Take this water twice a day to treat running nose, sneezing and cold.
- Basil leaves
- Taking a spoon of basil leaves juice with half a spoon of honey helps to cure cold effectively. Honey is a powerful soothing and healing agent which helps to boost the immunity power and treat cold symptoms.
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds) powder
- Take Ajwain (carom seeds) in a cloth and inhale it repeatedly.
- This is the best natural remedy for cold
- Black Cumin seeds
- Raw Camphor
- Take half a spoon of black cumin seeds and a piece of raw camphor in a cloth.
- Inhale it repeatedly to get faster relief from cold.
- Coconut oil
- Raw camphor
- Make a mixture with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 2 pieces of raw camphor.
- You can get rid of cold by rubbing it on the chest and ribs.
- Inhaling coriander leaves by mashing it repeatedly can help you to protect and prevent from cold.
- Include radish in your diet which is rich in phosphorous that helps in treating cold.
- Taking steam with few drops of eucalyptus oil will helps to treat nose blockage.
- Include fruits and food rich in vitamin-C in your diet. Deficiency of vitamin-C can cause cold. Vitamin-C rich food include – Oranges, lemon, gooseberries, strawberries, cabbage, peaches, tomatoes, grapes, sweet lime etc…